All Texas State Courts
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
Named as one of Houston’s top lawyers, Jason Braun's principal areas of practice include business, fraud, and financial litigation; insurance coverage and construction litigation; and commercial and securities arbitration.
Mr. Braun frequently counsels individuals and corporations on effective legal strategies in commercial litigation involving a variety of claims, such as breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty and fraud. He has experience in multi-jurisdictional litigation involving international litigants and cross-border issues.
As a skilled litigator, Mr. Braun has represented both publicly and privately held companies before state and federal courts. He has appeared before the American Arbitration Association, Financial Industry Regulatory Authority and Judicial Arbitration & Mediation Services (JAMS).
- Advised a Fortune 500 oilfield services company in connection with a procurement services contract.
- Represented and obtained a settlement as lead counsel for individual and institutional investors in litigation and arbitration claims against a broker-dealer seeking to recover in excess of $65 million in damages.
- Won arbitration award of over $7 million in damages, attorneys' fees, and pre- and post-judgment interest in a three week arbitration of claims for the distribution of partnership units.
- Currently representing investors who lost money in the Bernie Madoff Ponzi scheme.
- Currently representing investors with regard to the financial fraud allegations at Stanford International Bank.
- Represented individual and corporate claimants before the NASD and FINRA.
- Represented a Fortune 50 corporation in multiple securities arbitrations before the NASD and NYSE.
- Represented a leading private correction facility company in a lawsuit filed against a Fortune 50 corporation. The lawsuit sought a multi-million dollar recovery for breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty and fraud.
- Advised a Brazilian national in a lawsuit filed against a global insurance company. The case involved complex cross-border issues.
- Successfully defended a client in a breach of contract action, obtaining a take nothing judgment after a trial on merits.
- Obtained a jury verdict in favor of a major car rental company in a lawsuit arising from a landlord/tenant dispute.
- 7979 Airport Garage, L.L.C. v. Dollar Rent A Car Systems, Inc., 245 S.W.3d 488 (Tex. App. - Houston [14th Dist.] 2007, pet. denied).
Publications, Speeches and Presentations
- "Victimized: When to Refer Your Client to an Attorney," Financial Planning Association of New York eNews (2012)
- "Insurance and Collection Issues: The Punch List for Claimants’ Attorneys," Public Investors Arbitration Bar Association (PIABA) 21st Annual Meeting (2012)
- “Walk a Mile in My Boots: Benefiting the Client Through Effective Communication Among Partners and Associates,” Houston Bar Association CLE Program (2010, 2012)
- "Starting Out Right" Young Lawyers Committee of the Bankruptcy Section of the State Bar of Texas (2010, 2011).
- "Regulation D, TICs, and Unlisted REITS," Public Investors Arbitration Bar Association (PIABA) 18th Annual Meeting (2009).
- "Commentary: Tough Love for New Associates," Texas Lawyer (August 2009)
- Associate, Haynes and Boone (2003-2005)
Memberships and Community
- American Bar Foundation
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- Fellow, Houston Young Lawyers Foundation
- State Bar of Texas
- Houston Bar Association
- Trustee, Political Action Committee, Associated Builders and Contractors of Greater Houston
- Houston Top Lawyer (H Texas Magazine 2010, 2012)
- Texas Rising Star (Texas Super Lawyers, 2009 - 2012)