David S. Siegel
Pennzoil Place—South Tower
711 Louisiana, Suite 2150
Houston, TX 77002
David Siegel has helped thousands of people obtain redress through our court system. He has over 30 years of experience advising businesses and individuals in commercial litigation, fiduciary duty and partnership litigation, liability suits, mass tort actions, consumer class actions, securities litigation, and bankruptcy litigation.
David’s cross-border work includes arguing on behalf of clients located in the Philippines and Latin America, among other regions. His successes include successfully representing thousands of agricultural workers in toxic pesticide litigation; successfully representing investors in arbitration claims against their investment advisers; successfully representing wrongful death claimants in a suit against a private prison company for failing to maintain adequate security and allowing the escape of violent inmates; litigating and settling for seven figures an unliquidated and unsecured general creditor litigation claim in the New York Lehman Brothers bankruptcy proceeding and serving as a member of the legal team that recovered a $70 million settlement from Securities America, Inc., the broker-dealer subsidiary of Ameriprise Financial, Inc., for investors who lost money in the Medical Capital Ponzi scheme.
- University of Houston Law Center, J.D., 1989
- University of Texas, B.A. in Plan II Honors Program, 1985
- Texas, 1990
- Admitted to Practice in Texas, State and Federal Courts
- Settled for $79 million a federal court class action lawsuit against Wells Fargo & Company on behalf of its former financial advisors who were wrongfully forced to forfeit their deferred compensation when they left the company.
- Currently representing minority partners in multiple cellular telephone limited partnerships for wrongful dissolution of partnership and inadequate consideration.
- Currently representing investors in FINRA arbitration proceedings against brokerage firms for various securities fraud claims, including fraud in the sale of securities, and unsuitable investment recommendations.
- Successfully represented an elderly investor in a multimillion dollar investment loss claim alleging elder abuse.
- Successfully represented the family of murder victims in negligence and gross negligence claims against a for-profit prison company which permitted the escape in inmates who then murdered our clients’ family members.
- Successfully litigated and settled for seven-figures an unliquidated and unsecured general creditor litigation claim in the New York Lehman Brothers bankruptcy proceeding.
- Member of the legal team that recovered a $70 million settlement from Securities America, Inc., the broker-dealer subsidiary of Ameriprise Financial, Inc., for investors who lost money in the Medical Capital Ponzi scheme.
- Represented physicians in actions against multiple health insurers for their fraudulent reimbursement practices.
- Successfully represented tens of thousands of overseas agricultural workers who sought recovery for injuries arising from exposure to pesticides banned in the United States. The litigation was brought in U.S. courts.
- Advised a class of Texas purchasers of workers’ compensation insurance in overcharge litigation, yielding settlements refunding the illegal overcharges.
- Successfully represented thousands of users of the diet drug combination fen-phen in cases brought across the country.
- Represented plaintiffs and defendants in a variety of business litigation contexts, including breach of contract, fraud, business interference, preference, fraudulent transfer, non-compete clause enforcement, trade secret matters, and fiduciary duty claims.
- Assisted with winning a substantial settlement for a class of purchasers of life insurance policies. The clients had been defrauded into their purchases by false representations about premium payments.
- Assisted with winning a $112,119,005 jury verdict after a three-week trial in a case brought under civil RICO against defendants who conspired to extort money from our corporate client and then tamper with trial witnesses.
- Helped obtain the release of a wrongly convicted person in a habeas proceeding. The client’s innocence was proven by DNA evidence.
MEMBERSHIPS AND COMMUNITY
- State Bar of Texas
- Houston Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Public Investors Advocate Bar Association
- Best Lawyers in America
- Texas Super Lawyer
- Rated AV-Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell for Ethical Standards and Legal Ability