Ajamie’s contracts practice offers a comprehensive strategy to assist corporations and individuals in reviewing, negotiating and creating effective contracts.
The firm litigates contract disputes involving both domestic and international issues. We have resolved controversies arising under the Uniform Commercial Code, the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods, and other laws governing United States and transnational commerce.
Recent contracts experience includes:
- Representing employers in claw-back litigation to recover amounts paid to former employees.
- Contesting improper reimbursements and breakup fees in merger disputes.
- Representing health care providers in litigation against insurers, recovering underpayments and facilitating contractual resolution to avoid future payment disputes.
- Contesting burdensome terms of adhesion contracts for business and individual clients.
- Enforcement of a change-in-control clause in a partnership agreement arising from a dispute between former executives in an oilfield services company and their former employer.
- Representing an investment fund lender seeking to recover over one million dollars in connection with a promissory note and loan agreement.
- Representing the Mexican subsidiary of a multinational corporation in the illegal arrests of corporation employees in Mexico following a dispute concerning an alleged breach of contract. The representation involved complex cross-border matters in the United States and Mexico.
- Representing a leading owner of private correctional facilities in a lawsuit filed against a Fortune 50 corporation. The lawsuit sought a multi-million dollar recovery for breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty and fraud.
- Representing an automotive parts supplier in a lawsuit against Nissan for misrepresentation and breach of contract. Negotiated a business resolution of the parties’ dispute.